Love Songs from the Grassy Knoll (MP3 Download) - Full Album/Individual Tracks
How can you blame me for this? I don’t set out to write songs. They just arrive and I pass them on.
This collection of lyrics and the tunes which accompany them are unlike anything ever recorded. They are intensely humorous and unmistakably hostile toward all that sets itself against the honor and majesty of the one true God – the Lord Jesus Christ.
In the summer of 2005 I found a collection of old folk recordings from the 1920s and 1930s. Listening to these sixty+ songs rekindled in me a surge of creativity that had been dormant for a decade. Most of the material on this album was composed during a two-week span in July 2005. I recorded a few of these songs with Charlie in the spring of 2006 and laid down the basic tracks for the rest with Lilian in April 2008. The following month Ed Billock added his expert guitar work to the project. The mixing was ably handled by Casey Harr.
- Old Joe Smith [3:55]
- Big Fat Buddha Blues [3:41]
- Sell Them Watchtowers [3:21]
- I’m Mary Baker Eddy Dig Me Up [4:36]
- The Baby Baptizing Serenade [4:50]
- It’s a Christian Song Now [3:56]
- If the Church is Having Dinner I’ll Be There [1:57]
- Million Dollar Bash [4:37]
- In My N.I.V. [3:07]
- Be Sure Your Sin Will Find You Out (from Prisoners of Hope) [3:12]
- Babylon City Blues [6:39]
- Our Lady of the Pedophiles [6;26]
- Send the Cash (TV Preacher’s Song) [2:48]
- Requiem For Charlie Darwin [5:15]
- Slowly Turns the Second Hand [6:42]
- When You Don’t Love Me [4:05]